What you are looking at is a step that should be completed before you start the final project. So yes, you are absolutely right you have already done this.
Taken from the directions:
Below is an additional list of items from previous exercises to have completed before advancing to the final component described above:
- Create and register two spare archives
- Move archive files to a new directory
- Enable and test auto archiving via an archive shift
- Create PI Points corresponding to the tags on your OPC Server
- Simulate a disconnect from your PI Data Archive machine to test buffering is configured properly on the PI Interface machine
- Have programs connecting via minimum security permissions necessary (2+ trusts for API connections, custom PI Identities, etc.)
Here are the instructions for the Final Project:
Option #1 - You may use the machines in the Virtual Learning Environment to:
- Set up an additional instance of the PI Interface for OPC DA on machine PIINT
- Modify your existing tags for Pump 4 and Pump 5 to use the new interface, thus establishing load balancing
- Use various scan classes and scan offsets for the tags from each pump (Pumps 1 - 5) to further control the load balancing on your PI Interfaces for OPC DA as well as the demand on the OPC Server
- Confirm that you are receiving data on your PI Data Archive and that the data is being buffered from the PI Interface to the PI Data Archive
Enjoy the final project, let me know if you have any additional questions!