5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 7:41 PM by ssmith

The attribute on the 5 pumps called "Status" have a digital state of "4" which is not defined

ssmith

The attribute on the 5 pumps called "Status" have a digital state of "4" which is not defined (maybe my mistake) so got the data value of "bad"  I added a state of "4" to remove the "bad" result.

• Re: The attribute on the 5 pumps called "Status" have a digital state of "4" which is not defined
          chuck

Hi Scott

Most people build the status tag as an integer.  For that reason (and to keep things simple) we didn't have you build a digital state set.

Building a state of "4" may be a bad idea as the number four can occur commonly in legit data.  I'll explain later why this could be bad.

If you built the pump status points as digital types, you would have needed to supply the name of a digital state set.  Lets create a new custom digital state set called PumpStatus.  the states (0-4 order) might be (0) LowLow Speed, (1) Low Speed, (2) Normal, (3) High Speed, (4) HighHigh Speed.  Digital Sets must be created before you can build digital points which will use them.   For each pump status point, you would enter the digital set name "PumpStatus".

You didn't tell us which digital state set you added "4" to, but it was probably the System state set.  The system State set is where PI System gets status codes for various things including alarms, SQC, various bad data statuses, and more.  In the System state set:  The states in the range of 193 to 320+ are reserved and set by the system, so don't edit or change or add states in this range of records.  States in the range of 1-192, PI Admins may add status codes appropriate to their needs - but these should not be states or status codes for digital points.  State 0 in the system state table must not be changed or cleared or removed.

If you build a digital state set like I propose, it might look something like this: