2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2017 3:05 PM by MikeSpath

Help with error message missing Analysis tab in AF Explorer

MikeSpath

Hi:

We have a particular developer's account on our windows 2008 R2 development machine that gets the following error message when AF Explorer starts:

This is only happening on his account but on mine (and his) I notice that the icons are missing for windows explore, notepad, paint, command prompt

I'm wondering if this is related and how to even troubleshoot, if anyone has seen this before any ideas would help - Thanks!

• Re: Help with error message missing Analysis tab in AF Explorer
          Rick Davin

Hi Mike,

My first honest reaction when I hear developer, machine, missing things is "What did he do?"  Icons and the like for Microsoft applications don't just get up and leave on their own will.  Past experience with one of my worst users (namely me) is that he loaded something and later aggressively uninstalled it but removed too much.

He should do a Windows update or re-install to make his OS healthy again.  If Analysis Management is still missing once he has restored the missing Microsoft components, then he needs to reinstall the PI components.

1 of 1 people found this helpful