2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 2:03 PM by ChristianBu

Loading PI Vision Displays from Toolpane

ChristianBu

Hi,

We have developed a toolpane extension that displays parts of our af structure.

Now we want load diplays from that toolpane. i know that i can use https links to load my displays, but that would require to put all displaynames and displayids into af attributes.

What i would like to do is load a display by its name through javascipt calls to probably something like the displayprovider?

Does anyone know if thats possible or not?

Thanks

Christian

• Re: Loading PI Vision Displays from Toolpane
          nicka

You can use the webServices injection rather than displayProvider to get a list of all displays and their IDs:

webServices.getDisplayList().then(function(success) { /* do things, success.data contains the list of displays */})

success.data[i].Name contains the display name.

success.data[i].Id contains the display Id.

success.data[i].DisplayLink contains a full URL to navigate to the display.

This will return all displays (Vision/PB/Event), if you're only interested in Vision displays, pass:

{ storagetype: ['CoresightDisplay'] }

as a parameter to getDisplayList (note that this is PI Vision 2016 R2, hence still 'CoresightDisplay', in PI Vision 2017 use 'StandardDisplay' instead)

3 of 3 people found this helpful