2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 9:20 PM by jru

Compressed data in Pi explorer

simiyu

Hi Pi Family,

I'm new to Osisoft but slowly finding my feet. I would like help in extraction compressed digital data (ON/OFF states) in PI explorer in order to provide a daily report using coresight. An example of a data tag  i would like to extract is shown below:

Tag

TORR_L1_T33OF_S025.SV

05-Feb-17 04:00:00 ON

05-Feb-17 12:00:00 ON

05-Feb-17 20:00:00 ON

06-Feb-17 04:00:00 ON

06-Feb-17 12:00:00 ON

06-Feb-17 16:37:23 OFF

06-Feb-17 18:25:22 ON

07-Feb-17 02:00:00 ON

07-Feb-17 10:00:00 ON

07-Feb-17 18:00:00 ON

Are there any analysis equations PI explorer to extract compressed data.

Someone mentioned trying event frames, as well as using look up tables to pull static values of compressed data.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks Team

Sim

• Re: Compressed data in Pi explorer
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Muganda Simiyu,

In Asset framework you can create elements and add attributes to the element which is either a PI point, static values , calculations and table lookup. Element also has Analysis tab which can be configured for additional calculations and output can be mapped to any PI point or static attribute.  Once elements are defined in AF and mapped to right attributes, you can use PI Vision to create a Dashboard based on AF.  Event frames will provide time range that can have name,description and attributes associated with them.

• Re: Compressed data in Pi explorer
            jru

Hi Muganda,

Thanks for posting on PI Square.  I'm a little confused about the request.  Is there a reason why you'd like to show compressed data on Vision?  Vision is designed for real-time monitoring and trending of historical data (when I say trending, I don't mean trending every compressed data value).

I understand that you wish to create a report with in Vision.  In my experience, most production reporting don't show compressed data values either hence why I'm asking for a use case. 

Perhaps there is a better way to for you to show the report you're after.

~Jesse