AnsweredAssumed Answered

Check if a sequence was successfully processed (PI Datalink / filter expression)

Question asked by StefanH on Jul 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2017 by StefanH

Hi all,

using PI Datalink I am trying to check if a sequence of steps was successfully processed. Basically it the sequence looks like this: 0, 5, 10, 20, ... , 300. Right now I am using Datalink -> compressed data -> filter expressions.

The filter expression I am using looks like this:

'('Tag1') =0 and NextVal('Tag1','*')=5 and NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*'))=10 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*')))=20 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*'))))=30 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*')))))=40 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*'))))))=50 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*')))))))=60 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*'))))))))=70 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*')))))))))=80 AND NextVal('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1',NextEvent('Tag1','*'))))))))))=90

It works, but if I am going to implement the whole sequence up to 300 it will become a little unhandy.

Is there a better solution than using those nested 'NextEvent (...NextEvent(...NextEvent(........)))' functions?

Thank you.

Stefan

Outcomes