2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 7:53 AM by appanar

datasets

appanar
      I have a process book display with about nine trends. To each trend I have created 6 dataset points. All the dataset points on this display are unique. I then copied this display to a new display. The data set points on the two display have the same name i.e. D1 on display1 and D1 on display. When I change the value of D1 on display1 the value on D1 on display2 also changes. Any reason for this? I then tried to make the names unique. I tried to rename the dataset D1 on display2. I cannot rename it as the name field is greyed out. The ohter option is to delete or copy it and then give a new name. How can I resolve this?
        • Re: datasets
          MvanderVeeken

First of all, welcome to vCampus!

Your question is really a question for OSIsoft's regular Tech Support. At vCampus we focus on PI Development, PI Architecture and PI Integration mainly. Questions about the use and configuration of PI Processbook are best directed to Tech Support. You can find the contact method here, or send your question through techsupport@osisoft.com.

Please don't hesitate to ask any development, integration or architecture questions on the forums! 

• Re: datasets
              appanar

Hi Micheal,

I did post this for Tech support. I was told to copy dataset to a new dataset and rename the new dataset. In my case I have the same dataset name on all the displays as I copied them from the first display with the result that they all have the same name. I cannot change the name for these datasets as they are all greyed out implying they are read only.