5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 10:26 PM by WesselEls

AF Notification Renew File Upload

WesselEls

Hi Everyone,

I have seen many correspondences on people trying to Auto Upload files before the notification is sent via e-mail

Everyone has the same issue that the files seems cashed and the notification does not renew the upload

I have not seen a solution where this can be achieved with a power shell script

Then we can use task scheduler to run the script before the e-mail is sent

Has anyone achieved this successfully to date and can you share it please

When we get the notification e-mail it is always the old file and not the updated one

• Re: AF Notification Renew File Upload
          kfong

Hi Wessel,

There are tools you can get from TechSupport to programmatically update an attribute.  Customers have used this in tandem with attribute. Please contact TechSupport to get it (reference KB00851).

WesselEls

Hi Keith,

I did receive the file

The procedure to do the implementation is non excitant

I Promise that I will make a proper SOP when this is completed and working

It really is a must for the next PI release

Thank you of your feedback

Kind Regards,

Wessel Els

Engineer Systems / MESA GEP / CIPM

Mobile:                      +27 (0)60 988 3331

Telephone:                +27 (0)11 086 2304

E-mail:                       wessel.els@draglobal.com<mailto:wessel.els@draglobal.com>

DRA Minerals Park / 3 Inyanga Close / Sunninghill / 2157

PO Box 3567 / Rivonia / South Africa / 2128

kfong

Hi Wessel,

I'm not sure I understand your post.  If you received the utility, did it work as expected? If not, please let me know what your expectations are and I can try to help you out.  Thanks!

WesselEls

Hi Keith,

Below the mail I received to implement the application, I did download the app

I did as indicated in the mail below but no success running the script

Tried Running the app as administrator, PIAdmin, eg

There is no SOP to do the implementation, step by step, baby steps you know

Mail From OSI below

{

Hello Wessel,

OSIsoft has “UpdateFileAttribute.exe utility” that could be used for that purpose, containing a .exe file ready with the code. However, you have to note that OSIsoft does not support this utility and would be an unofficial PI software that we can only provide on an "as is" basis.

The syntax at which the task scheduler should be run, will be of the following syntax:

UpdateFileAttribute.exe
                      AFServer\AFDatabase\PathtoAFElement|AFAttribute<file://AFServer/AFDatabase/PathtoAFElement|AFAttribute> C:\pathtofile\file.txt

You will have to specify the variables in red, based on your system.

In order to get UpdateFileAttribute.exe utility, you will have to use FTP:

https://ftp.osisoft.com/

You will be prompt for your SSO account credentials. You can then download the zip file from there.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,

Salman Alkaabi

Customer Support Enigneer | OSIsoft Technologies Middle East S.P.C.

Suite 2502, Almoayyed Tower, Building 2504, Road 2832, Block 428, Seef Suburb, Bahrain | E-mail: salkaabi@osisoft.com<mailto:salkaabi@osisoft.com>

Visit us on YouTube at the OSIsoft Learning Channel<http://www.youtube.com/OSIsoftLearning> - On-demand learning at your fingertips!

<http://www.osisoft.com/users-conference/emea/>

The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender. OSIsoft Technologies Middle East S.P.C., Registered Office: Office 2502, 25th Floor, Almoayyed Tower, Building No. 2504, road 2832, Area 428, Al Seef District, Kingdom of Bahrain; Registration Number: 75493; Managing Directors: Jason Scully & Martin Otterson

}

WesselEls

Hi Keith,

There is a Zipped File for the .exe as well as a readme txt, I missed the readme.txt file

I will reword the document and sent to you for re-publish, I see you are the creator of the file

Just a personal thank you for the application, you are a life saver

Kind Regards,

Wessel Els

Engineer Systems / MESA GEP / CIPM

Mobile:                      +27 (0)60 988 3331

Telephone:                +27 (0)11 086 2304

E-mail:                       wessel.els@draglobal.com<mailto:wessel.els@draglobal.com>

DRA Minerals Park / 3 Inyanga Close / Sunninghill / 2157

PO Box 3567 / Rivonia / South Africa / 2128