1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2011 2:33 PM by pkaiser

Multiple PI Trend charts on a single page.

Nagina

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple PI Trend charts on a single page. I know we can plot multiple Tags, which we have been able to achieve.

Our requirement goes like this:

• We have a concept of 'PlotSets' , which contains n-number of 'Plots' and each plot contains n number of 'PI Tags'
      • When users select any plotset on a page, all the corresponding plots must be displayed on page using PI Trend webpart.
      • If a plotset contains n-number of plots, n-number of PI Trend charts must be displayed on the page. One for each plot.

We have been able to get a single plot (n number of PI Tags) plotted on PI Trend web part, by passing the tags as a tag list from our custom webpart to PI Trend web part.

I would like to know if there is any capability in PI Trend webpart to replicate itself dynamically on the page (by passing some parameter from provider web part)?

I know one option would be to programatically add n-number of PI Trend webaprts to page depending on plotset selected. But We would not like to go for it as it means a post-back and performance overhead and not ideal way to get things done.

Thank you

Nagina Arsheen

• Re: Multiple PI Trend charts on a single page.
          pkaiser

No, the PI Trend web part only produces a single plot -- all traces sent to the part appear in that single plot. There's no way to produce multiple plots in a single web part, or to have the part replicate itself. Your best bet is probably to add multiple web parts to the page programatically as you describe, even though it requires an undesirable post-back.