AnsweredAssumed Answered

Perfmon tags stuck at Pt Created

Question asked by drodriguez on Aug 3, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 by drodriguez

Hi there,

I've created some tags for a perfmon interface that will collect data from a remote machine. So far I haven't been able to get them to work.

The troubleshooting I've done so far:

Made sure the interface is a full version (2.1.0.88)

Remote registry service is running on the monitored machine

Interface service account belongs to the Performance Monitor Users group on the monitored machine

Telnet to ports 135 and 445 works

No significant error in interface message logs or monitored machine's event logs, that I've noticed 

Here's the interesting part. Up until this point, I had been running Microsoft's perfmon.exe on the interface machine as the interface service account, and couldn't view the remote performance counters. I decided to add the service account to the Performance Log Users group on the monitored machine (Not specified in any KB I came across), and now the perfmon.exe test works. 

For some reason, even though I can see the counters now from perfmon.exe, the tags still aren't updating. Interface restart didn't change anything. 

This perfmon interface seems healthy, it's able to update other tags on the same PI Server.

I created the tags via the SMT plugin. Exdexc uses hostname, and hostname worked for perfmon.exe 

Any thoughts on what I could be missing?

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes