12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 9:22 AM by ujjwal

PI SQL DAS on LINUX

ujjwal

Hi ,

I am using PI JDBC driver and RJDBC package to access data from PI server on windows.

However the client has a linux machine and PI SQL DAS is not available for linux.

Can i get help in how to use PI JDBC on linux .Will i able to access PI server without PI SQL DAS?

Pls help me in how to proceed.

• Re: PI SQL DAS on LINUX
          cvillanua

Hello Ujjwal,

Thank you for posting in PI Square.

There are different ways that you can use in order to access to PI System data from Linux. We have a KB article that talks about this topic: KB00276 - What methods can be used to access PI data from Linux and UNIX systems?

We have a JDBC driver for Linux operating systems, you will have to meet the system requirements:

Please let us know more about your use case so we can advise you.

Thank you,

Carlos.

ujjwal

Can we have PI SQL DAS on PI server itself and PI jdbc driver on the client machine?

If yes then can you pls provide the connection url how to connect to PI using jdbc

John Messinger

Hi Ujjwal,

So the PI-JDBC driver installed on a Linux client machine will still talk to PI SQL DAS installed on a Windows server. The PI SQL DAS can be installed on the PI Data Archive server itself, or it could be on a separate machine. Examples of the required connection URL can be found in the configuration section of the PI-JDBC documentation. We've recently set up this configuration - PI-JDBC driver on a Redhat Linux system, accessing data across the network from a Windows based PI SQL DAS. It's not quite a seamless setup and configuration experience, but once you get it done, it's quite reliable.

Cheers,

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      vkaufmann

To tack on a bit, once you have finished the configuration steps of PI JDBC on a Linux machine, it is highly recommended to follow through with the validation steps outlined in the documentation here.

https://livelibrary.osisoft.com/LiveLibrary/content/en/jdbc-v3/GUID-5220AA54-D221-482C-BFDD-522B2B0E2CEB

This is the best way to determine connectivity and data flow with both the AF server and PI Data Archive with GetSnap and GetEASnap.

--Vince

ujjwal

Hi,

As you told , I have installed PI JDBC driver on the linux machine and trying to access the PI server.

however,when i try to test connection using getsnap, I am getting the following error:

java.sql.SQLException: /opt/pipc/jdbc/lib/libRdsaWrapper64-1.5b.so: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

pls help me resolve this.

Here is my code:

$ java GetSnap

Enter Data Access Server name (required): ***

Enter PI Data Archive name (required): ***

Use trusted connection? [No]: Yes

Enter the protocol order for the connection [Https/Soap:5461,NetTcp:5462]: NetTcp:5462

Enter PI JDBC log level [0]: 0

Enter the PI tag name/name pattern [sinusoid]: sin*

Arguments:

Data Access Server name: ***

PI Data Archive name: ***

Use trusted connection?: Yes

Protocol order: NetTcp:5462

Log level: 0

PI tag name/name pattern: sin*

java.sql.SQLException: /opt/pipc/jdbc/lib/libRdsaWrapper64-1.5b.so: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

vkaufmann

This error is covered in the documentation

https://livelibrary.osisoft.com/LiveLibrary/content/en/jdbc-v3/GUID-D76EDBE2-A58E-4032-9FB8-5426FE6DC5C8

--Vince

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                cvillanua

Hello Ujjwal,

From the manual: PI JDBC

This error message occurs on Linux systems where symbolic links for libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0 are not defined:

java.sql.SQLException: /opt/pipc/jdbc/lib/libRdsaWrapper64-1.5b.so: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The missing symbolic links can be created as shown below. The library file names (here libssl.so.1.0.1e and libcrypto.so.1.0.1e) vary depending on the OpenSSL version being installed. On Red Hat distributions you can use the symbolic links libssl.so.10 and libcrypto.so.10 as template.

Let us know if this fixes your issue.

Thank you,

Carlos.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                    ujjwal

Hi,

I followed the steps to link the symbolic files. But I am facing the same issue(same error)

ujjwal

The openSSL version is:

OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips  26 Jan 2017

ujjwal

Hi Carlos,

I have linked the library files and i am able to resolve that error.

However when i try to connect to the PI server using getsnap i am getting the following error:

WARNING: Connection to https://my_server:5461/DataAccessServer/Query failed. Error: [PI SQL DAS] Connection timed out

Details: connect failed in tcp_connect()

java.sql.SQLException: Connection to https://my_server:5461/DataAccessServer/Query failed. Error: [PI SQL DAS] Connection timed out

Here is my code and log details:

$ java GetSnap my_server my_DAS  Yes Https/Soap:5461 5 sin%

Arguments:

Data Access Server name: my_server

PI Data Archive name: my_DAS 

Use trusted connection?: Yes

Protocol order: Https/Soap:5461

Log level: 5

PI tag name/name pattern: sin%

Aug 09, 2017 4:55:50 AM com.osisoft.jdbc.DriverExtension <init>

FINER: Driver Version : 1.5.16096.2

Aug 09, 2017 4:55:50 AM com.osisoft.jdbc.DriverExtension <init>

INFO: New Connection : jdbc:pioledb://my_server /Data Source=my_DAS  ; Integrated Security=SSPI

Aug 09, 2017 4:55:50 AM com.osisoft.jdbc.DriverExtension logProperties

FINEST: Properties:

LogLevel=5

TrustedConnection=Yes

LogConsole=True

ProtocolOrder=Https/Soap:5461

Aug 09, 2017 4:55:50 AM com.osisoft.rdsa.NativeRDSA verifyWrapperLibrary

FINEST: /opt/pipc/jdbc/lib/libRdsaWrapper64-1.5b.so can be loaded.

Aug 09, 2017 4:55:50 AM com.osisoft.jdbc.DriverExtension getAuthentication

FINEST: Using trusted connection.

Aug 09, 2017 4:55:50 AM com.osisoft.jdbc.ConnectionImpl <init>

FINEST:  Trusted connection = true

Stateless connection = false

Aug 09, 2017 4:55:50 AM com.osisoft.rdsa.NativeRDSA create

INFO: Trying to connect to https://my_server:5461/DataAccessServer/Query

Aug 09, 2017 4:57:57 AM com.osisoft.jdbc.ConnectionImpl <init>

WARNING: Connection to https://my_server:5461/DataAccessServer/Query failed. Error: [PI SQL DAS] Connection timed out

java.sql.SQLException: Connection to https://my_server:5461/DataAccessServer/Query failed. Error: [PI SQL DAS] Connection timed out

Could not connect using none of the specified protocols.

If i try using NetTcp protocol instead I am getting a different error:

WARNING: Connection to net.tcp://150.45.88.159:5462/DataAccessServer/Query failed. Error: NetTcp is not supported.

java.sql.SQLException: Connection to net.tcp://150.45.88.159:5462/DataAccessServer/Query failed. Error: NetTcp is not supported.

pls help me resolve this