3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 12:11 PM by MattHussey

Creating Basic Reports with PI Datalink - August 2017 - Introduce Yourself!

tmcquiston

Welcome to the August/September 2017 Creating Basic Datalink Reports online course. I hope you are all as eager and excited as I am to get this course off to a great start! We have created this thread where all users who have registered for the April/May run of this course can introduce themselves and interact with each other.

Please know that this is your space! We encourage and welcome you to ask questions about Datalink and setting up worksheets in Excel.  Please familiarize yourself with using Data Archive (PI tags) as well as AF (attributes) data to demonstrate the flexibility of Datalink in working with your specific PI system.  While many prefer the more "visual" visualization tools, I feel none are more powerful that Datalink for getting deep down into the data of your system.

If you face any issues navigating the course on the OSIsoft Learning Web site, please leave your comment here, so we can respond to you faster. Otherwise, thanks again for signing up for this course and we hope you enjoy it!

But first, let me introduce myself.  My name is Todd McQuiston, and I am a Senior Field Service Engineer with OSIsoft.  Among my responsibilities are installing and upgrading  OSIsoft products for our customers, teaching classes (both online and classroom-based), and supporting and mentoring new Field Service engineers.  I have worked in the Specialty Chemical industry for 17 years before starting with OSIsoft (10 of those years were spent as my company's U.S. and Asia PI administrator), and have worked with the PI system since 1994.  PI Datalink hos long been a key tool in making the best use of the PI System, and I look forward to helping you learn it.

Please introduce yourself in this thread so I can learn about you, your experiences with the PI System, and specific goals you have for this course. Additionally, please take advantage of this Community to share any thoughts or questions during this course. You can also contact me personally at tmcquiston@osisoft.com.

I look forward to working with you over the next few weeks!

Thanks,

Todd M. McQuiston