13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 2:39 PM by rdube02

reodering tags with alarm in Processbook

appanar
      Hi,    We have some PE calcs that calculate the rate of change for tags that have alarm configuration. I need to know if it is possible to rearrange the tags in PI Processbook display from the lowest to the highest value. If it is not possible , then,  is it possible to display an excel sheet in Pi processbook? If it is possible I will get the reordering done in excel and have the sheet displayed in PI Processbook. Regards, Ram Appanah
        • Re: reodering tags with alarm in Processbook
          hanyong

Hi Ram,

Can you tell us how you are displaying the values of the tags in your ProcessBook Display? Sounds to me like you are displaying them in a table, are you creating that in a display using the Value symbols?

From the sound of it, I would guess it would have to be done using VBA script but I can't really say for sure how to do it without knowing how you are intending to display the information.

appanar

Hi Han,

My boss  wants to list all the alram tags in Pi Processbook for a unit. He want to use datasets to calculate in minutes how long it would take to hit the alarm so that the panel man can take the necessary action. He wants these values reordered such that the tag that is going to hit the alarm limit first is at the top of the list on the display.  The top twenty tags that are going to hit the can be displayed. Can this be done in combination with Excel and PI Processbook.  

hanyong

I haven't tried it in a while now, but I remember it is possible to embed an Excel spreadsheet in ProcessBook. The drawback to this approach is that the view of the spreadsheet is going to be a static view, while what you require is probably a dynamic table of top 20 tags instead. Perhaps other people on the community can correct me on this if I am wrong.

How about creating a table using Text symbols that show the tagname and rate of change value of the top 20 tags, and dynamically updating these symbols using VBA to show the top 20 tags? From your previous posts, there are some suggestions to you about calculate or get the rate of change values for your tags via VBA, so you should be able extend that, am I right?