AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are the best "compdevpercent" and "exdevpercent" settings for a PI Point (Exp: Pressure or Temperature) to record all the high frequency Data?

Question asked by Muthulingam-EnQuest on Sep 6, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 by Muthulingam-EnQuest

A few newly created PI Points are showing "excepted" values, the trend and data shown by the new PI Points does not match the DCS Value.

What are the best settings for "compdevpercent" and "exdevpercent" if I want the PI Point to record all the high frequency Pressure and Temperature Data regardless of the Data Dev difference?

Current Setting:

• "compdevpercent" = 0.03333334 (This should be smaller right, if I want all the Data despite how small the changes are?)
  • "exdevpercent"      = 0.01666667 (This should also be smaller right, if I want all the Data despite how small the changes are?)
  • "ecmax"                 = 0 (Should this be 28800 or 0 if I want all the Data to be recorded?)
  • "ecmin"                  = 0

I've already set the "ecmax" and "ecmin" to '0'. This should ensure that the PI Point records all the Data based on the current "compdevpercent" and "exdevpercent" setting right?

Here's the Snap Shot of the Trend (it doesn't show the desired High Frequency Data Trend):

Best regards,

Muthulingam Ramiah

Ganesh Supromaniam

Outcomes