AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modbus mod10

Question asked by mhalhead Champion on Oct 1, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2018 by sraposo

Hi,

I'm using the Modbus TCP interface to read data from a number of Schneider ION and PowerLogic meters. For the bulk of the data it has gone reasonable smoothly; I've built some nice AF templates that configure all the tags nicely. There is one set of tags however that is giving me a bit of a headache. These are the energy accumulators (real energy in, real energy out, ....). According to the Schneider documentation these values have a data type of Mod10. Mod10 is really just four registers that are combined in the following manner (R? = register ?):

R4 * 1,000,000,000,000 + R3*100,000,000 +R2* 10,000 +R1

While I could read each of the four registers as 16 UINT (16 bit unsigned integers) and then use AF Analytics to perform the calculation. I would prefer not to do this for a number of reasons; a lot of additional tags (I have 4 Mod 10 tags per meter and about 300 meters on one site - 4,800 intermediate tags on one site) and the additional load on AF Analytics. So before I dive down the easy hole I would like to inquire if anyone know how to read Mod10 values directly within the PI Modbus interface?

Outcomes