1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 11, 2017 9:05 PM by Rick Davin

PI Event Frame template & PI Analysis

jainc_paresh

Hello Team,

Greetings for the day!

I have one PI Analysis which is not linked to any PI Point as shown in image (I want to avoid created multiple signals as history of this signal is not required).

I have created an event frame template, as shown below

However, if I go to event frame, i am getting error "Is Not Configuration Item The referenced Attribute '.\Elements[.]|DISTURBANCE SOURCE' for attribute 'Data Disturbance|DISTURBANCE SOURCE' is not configured as a PI Point DataReference. Data Disturbance Is Not Hidden DISTURBANCE SOURCE The referenced Attribute '.\Elements[.]|DISTURBANCE SOURCE' for attribute 'Data Disturbance|DISTURBANCE SOURCE' is not configured as a PI Point DataReference."

Please suggest, how can I get the value.

Actually, my requirement is, I want to use output of my analysis as fault code (like if value 1 is true, in notification send fault code "ABC" else if value 2 is true, in notification send fault code "PQR" else if value 3 is true, in notification send fault code "XYZ" else normal (at a time only one notification will be active, if normal no msg is been sent, but for that I am having event frame generation logic separate)) to be send along with my notification for which I don't want to create a separate signal.

Thanks & Regards,

Paresh

• Re: PI Event Frame template & PI Analysis
          Rick Davin

Hi Paresh,

On the "Data Disturbance" event frame template, the attribute template "DISTURBANCE SOURCE" is attempting to fetch data from an attribute of the same name on the primary referenced element.  However, that attribute on the primary referenced element is NOT a PIPoint.  Therefore, on the event frame "DISTURBANCE SOURCE" should not use the PI Point Data Reference.  Use the StringBuilder DR instead.  However, the TimeRangeMethod is not an option to StringBuilder.  You will need to wrap the expression in single quotes:

StringBuilder ConfigString

'.\Elements[.]|DISTURBANCE SOURCE'

The limitation of not using a PIPoint is that the event frame's "DISTURBANCE SOURCE" will only have the value at the EndTime of the event frame.  If you need to use the StartTime, then the primary referenced element will need to persist the analysis results back to a PIPoint.

1 of 1 people found this helpful