2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2017 9:01 PM by kduffy

convert ABB 800xa HMI PPA(process portal automation) Graphics to Processbook Graphics.

NitinSaklani

What is the best way to convert ABB 800xa HMI PPA(process portal automation) Graphics to Processbook Graphics.

• Re: convert ABB 800xa HMI PPA(process portal automation) Graphics to Processbook Graphics.
          VCampus-METCO

Nitin,

The options would be

a) Build them yourself.

b) Take a screenshot of the existing graphic and overlay with PI Values

c) Use a conversion tool provided by the likes of Data South Systems and their GRITS tool. GrITS™ | Data South Systems

My own preference would be that you use option a if you have the best cost resources to do this.

Using screen shots (b) looks OK at the resolution you took it, but trying to display on any other resolution is not very good plus you may be capturing some animations on the DCS graphic that means your  ProcessBook display is not working as it should.

GRITS (c) is a good tool  when you have lots of displays to convert and we have used it on projects previously. But be aware that there is still work to be done to get the converted display to work against your PI System because it is likely that the DCS displays refer to parameters that you don't have in PI.

Even better, if you have PI Vision I would suggest that you bypass ProcessBook and use the native PI Vision display builder functionality using best cost resources as ProcessBook I think will become obsolete in the medium term.