2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 10:16 AM by timove_b

PI Coresight - Can't place tables in-line with other symbols. Intentional?

timove_b

While creating some Coresight displays I found that it is not possible to add symbols on the right side of a table; only above or below. All the other symbols (except trend, but it fills the whole width of the display) can, as far as I know, be placed alongside each other horizontally? Am I doing something wrong, or is there a reason why tables can't be placed in-line with anything else?  If I have only enabled four columns in the table (as I don't need the other columns) then I'm left with a large, white, empty space in the right part of the display. Techically it's nothing wrong with that, but to me it's a waste of space :)

5850.coresight_5F00_whitespace.PNG

I also created a new display with a value-symbol and a table-symbol with one tag. When I dragged the table to the right side of the value symbol the vertical marker appeared but when I released the mouse button the table went back to its original place. In the other displays I only got the horizontal marker which shows that the new symbol will be placed over/under the current symbol.

3806.coresight_5F00_adjacent.png