AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help to change gallons per minute to m3/h

Question asked by csisk on Oct 19, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2017 by lye

Not new to PI but I am very novice as my main tasks in PI is creating a few simple tags every few months.  otherwise I am doing things on the network side.

So we have these tags that are putting out values in Gallons per minute - I got an email from an engineer asking me to change the units of measure to M3/h.  So in reading it I just went into the unit of measure and changed the text to be m3/h and then I got an email saying that he meant he wanted the actual value of the tag converted from gallons to m3/h.

ENGINEER "What I met was to convert gallon/min to m3/h. 1 gallon/min = 0.227 m3/h"

So its been too long since I had to do anything for conversions and I have NO one to pose these questions to other than this group.    I presume that we have to do a tag *0.227 at some place but I can't for the life of me even think of the proper formula, let alone the place I should put this formula

Can someone please let me know the easiest way to do this?   I am sure it will make total sense when I see it but until then its a mystery.

Attachments

Outcomes