We had a 4 parallel tracks during vCampus Live! 2011, 3 tracks were hands-on, and we had 1 presentation track. I was going trough the video's and I personally really like the quality of the talks. So, I was wondering: wich sessions did you thought were the best?
The recordings can be found here.
I did not attend a lot of hands-on sessions and did not see all presentations yet, but here are my favorites so far:
- The importance of communities - Patrick Kennedy . Next to the fact that I really like to listen to Patrick Kennedy, I thought the message was really good and really appropriate for vCampus Live!
- Product Roadmap - John Baier . I always love hearing about new developments and upcomming releases. Some things came as a big surprise, I did not know that OSIsoft was working on software for the iPad, Android Devices and WP7 devices. WP7 was to be expected, but the fact that OSIsoft is working on client software for alternative platforms was a big announcement in my opinion.
- Sneak Peek at PI Server 2012 - Jay Lakumb, Denis Vacher, Greg Holt . I'm pretty excited about all the performance enhancements in PI Server 2012, seeing it in action is awesome.
- How Stuxnet Spreads - Joel Langill . I helped organize the talks by Joel, so I knew some stuff he was going to present upfront. The 'real' presentation was more awesome than I imagined. I really like the way Joel talks and he tends to make it pretty exciting.
- Human Body Performance Monitoring - Francois Ruel . This was not a real techtalk, but it was very exciting and inspiring to see how the PI system is used for something pretty extraordinary. This is not a day-to-day use of the PI system, but it really shows the versatility and 'thinking outside the box'.
One sidenote; having a presentation not listed in my personal favorites does not mean I didn't like them . I haven't watched Lonnie's presentation yet (recording is still pending).
What were your favorite talks or sessions?