6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 6:56 PM by mshimko

PIINT2 only updates PISRV2 after initial setup and after resetting the buffered tags

mnbellinger

My course virutal systems did not behave the way the video showed.  I had two issues.

1. While PIINT1 has N-way buffering, it owns the tags in the OPC interface and is updating them on both servers.  After stopping the interface on PIINT1, and starting it on PIINT2, the second interface got this error for each tag: Error -11414, Buffered point does not accept new events.  I can reset the buffered tag list on the registration using piartool -bfs 1 -reset to clear the ownership.

2.  After clearing this error, my PIINT2 OPC-DA interface starts without errors, however it only updated points on PISRV2, but not on PISRV1.

Therefore, I'm somewhat stuck here and would like to remedy things before moving to the failover section.

• Re: PIINT2 only updates PISRV2 after initial setup and after resetting the buffered tags
          jkim

Hi Mary, Looks like you already checked out this KB regarding the [-11414] message.

"The most common cause is an application not buffered by the PI Buffer Subsystem (PIbufss) attempting to write current data (snapshot values) to a point that is buffered by PIbufss. By design, a point receiving current data from PIbufss is not allowed to receive current data from non-PIbufss data sources."

As stated above, you will see this warning message when an application that's not buffered (i.el one of the interfaces) tries to write current data to a point that is buffered by PIbufss (on another interface node). Instead of clearing the error using the piartool, I'd recommend checking that point interface nodes are being buffered properly and have PISRV1 and PISRV2 as their target servers.