12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 12:49 PM by Asle Frantzen

Releasing Add Ins for other Users

ConditionMonitoring

I have created a simple add in using the simple add in template and am having issues releasing the project for use on a different PC. The add in works perfectly fine on my PC however i don't know how someone else can run the add in without opening the project in visual studio and building it themselves (if they dont have visual studio installed for example)

Is there an installer that can be built from the project? I am using visual studio 2010.

Thanks

• Re: Releasing Add Ins for other Users
          MvanderVeeken

I'm assuming you are talking about ProcesBook add-ins.

• Did you run the AddinReg.reg (the one that is included with the template) file with regedit on the client pc? This makes sure the plugin is registered with ProcessBook in the registry
          • Did you register the plugin assembly (take a look at regasm)
          • Maybe you have an issue with x86 and x64 systems? Is the system you are developing on the same architecture as the other clients? It is possible that the you have registered it in the wrong node in the registry. For x86 systems this is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PISystem\PI - ProcessBook\Addins\<assembly.name.Connect> , for x64 systems this is  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SoftwareWow6432Node\PISystem\PI - ProcessBook\Addins\<assembly.name.Connect>

Having an AddinReg.reg file like this should do the job on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems. Please replace the 'AssemblyName' by the name of your plugin assembly (without the extension).

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PISystem\PI - ProcessBook\Addins\AssemblyName.Connect]

"FriendlyName"="AssemblyName, A new procesbook plugin"

"Description"="Assemblyname let's you extend ProcessBook with this awesome plugin"

"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SoftwareWow6432Node\PISystem\PI - ProcessBook\Addins\AssemblyName.Connect]

"FriendlyName"="AssemblyName, A new procesbook plugin"

"Description"="Assemblyname let's you extend ProcessBook with this awesome plugin"

"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003