7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 1:17 PM by gmichaud-verreault

OPC UA Connector does not browse UA Address Space Correctly

VCampus-METCO

As part of the Data Source configuration with the OPC UA Connector 1.1.0.86, the type definitions are exported from the UA Server and are saved as a CSV file from which you can then select which nodes and variable you want to send to PI. Has anyone had any issues with the ability of the connector to populate this list correctly, because it is not working  against a UA Server I am testing against at the moment.

An example hierarchy is shown below using the UAExpert client tool. I can use this client to read variable without any issues. The nodes are of NodeClass "Object".

The connector finds only the following "Default Enterprise" object.

Select (x),Template name,Attribute name

x,"FolderType.DC3B257A","ns=2;s=0:54a7a23b-09d9-e711-80c6-000c2961f7d0"

x,,"Description"

x,,"Health"

x,,"Priority"

I tried to manually configure the nodes of interest by putting in their namespace index and identifiers, but I get the following errors:

Severity: Warning

Timestamp: 12/08/2017 13:56:36.534

Message: [xxxx] Template OPC.UA.xxxx.Repeater is ignored. ReferenceId ns=2;s=0:2d664e60-97da-e711-80cc-000c2961f7d0 is missing.

The node references are correct as reported in UAExpert. I am connected to the following endpoint for the OPC UA Connector

opc.tcp://x.x.x.x:4840/ [None:None:Binary]

and in UAExpert I am connected using authentication of "None". So the two connections should be identical.

I also have a data source to the PROSYS Simulation UA Server, and that exports to CSV correctly.

The one thing I notice that may be different between the two servers is that the "Server" object from ProSys is excluded from the export but all the other "folders" are included. So does that mean that the export tool only works with folders? Looking at he NodeClass for the "Simulation" folder that is of class "Object" which is the same as the "Server" object so why is one displayed with a folder icon and the other a class icon?

Any ideas? I have a ticket open with OSI but at the moment they seem a bit lost. As am I.