2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 11:19 AM by Baeksabu

Could I disable highlight on selected object?

Baeksabu

Hi

When I draw any object on Vision and select it, a highlight effect appears which indicating selected.(like below)

I'm trying to make a dashboard display

I'd like to disable this feature because, in my opinion, this is not that neccesarry on dashboard.

I think it would be better if nothing will be changed visually when I click on display.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you

• Re: Could I disable highlight on selected object?
          pmartin

Hi Jonghyun,

Is you just want to disable the styling of the effect - open \PIVision\Scripts\app\editor\extensibility\sym-host-template.html and comment out this line:

<div ng-show="runtimeData.isSelected && !def.useCustomSelector && !isEmbeddedAsPopup" ng-class="layoutMode ? 'symbol-selector': 'symbol-selector-nonLayout'"> </div>

Make sure to get the trailing </div>.  It was on a different line in my file but I can't tell if that's something I've changed while playing around with PI Vision . There is another html element that deals with selection but only commenting out the line above worked for me.  You may need to play around with the file to see what works for you.  I strongly advise taking a backup of this file before you start messing around with it.

If you want to remove the select functionality, see the last example symbol in this post:

Creating PI Vision Symbols that Interact with Each Other

1 of 1 people found this helpful