AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lots of PI archives with same modified time - why??

Question asked by caffreys_col on Dec 22, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 by caffreys_col

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of guidance/help. I've just been checking the PI archives before the Christmas holidays, and found that the last 32 archives all have the same "last modified time" in the archive list. Why would this be the case? The archives go back to July of this year and we don't put in historical data from more than 2-3 days (lab data analysis usually), so I can't see why they would all have the same last modified date. The backup time is different to the last modified time (which I would expect) but again they all have the same backup time. Our backup routine only covers the last 4 archives, so I'd expect them to have the same backup time, but not the last 32 archives. I've checked the event logs but can't see anything un-towards. I have correct a couple of tags which were faulty (syntactically incorrect) in the last couple of days, but I wouldn't have thought that would cause the behaviour I am seeing. We have just increased our archive size to 500mb, but again I wouldn't have thought that would cause any issues.

The backup routine is set for 03:15, which is an incremental, but there is also a copy job, but I can't see this as a scheduled task. Am I missing something?

For clarity, this is a PI server (site) which gets data from a PI-to-PI interface from another PI server (plant). The plant server archives are not seeing this behaviour.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Regards

Col

Outcomes