1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 5:10 PM by Steve Boyko

PI Tags Not Showing in PI Vision Search

Steve Boyko

I'm having an issue with PI Vision where, when editing a display and I'm trying to add a PI tag, nothing shows up in the search. The search box shows the PI server and AF databases indexed by PI Web API, but there is no depth to them... just the server level.

I've looked at the admin pages for PI Vision and PI Web API and it shows PI and AF fully indexed. When I do searches using just PI Web API, the tags show up.

The PI Vision application pools are running as a domain user, which is the same user that PI Web API runs as. There is a mapping on the PI server for this domain user, and if I log into the PI Vision server as the domain user and run PI System Explorer, I can see everything - AF elements, tags, etc.

It seems like a problem between PI Vision and PI Web API. Any suggestions?

BTW I found this previous question but it wasn't really applicable nor helpful.

https://pisquare.osisoft.com/message/105384-re-pi-vision-cannot-search-tag-from-pi-data-archive#comment-105384

Search showing top level AF databases and PI server:

Screenshot 2017-12-21 09.00.03.png

No depth to the search:

Screenshot 2017-12-21 09.00.16.png

PI Web API indexed databases:

Screenshot 2017-12-21 09.03.19.png

Thanks for any help you can provide!