4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 4:15 PM by Rick Davin

PI UFL writing wrong data and sometimes skips data

Mamunur

Hello All,

I am using PI UFL version 3.5.27.55 to get data from csv file (having data in format tag,timeStamp,value) to write in a pi server. But after I tested the data in PI Datalink and SMT, I found below discrepancies:

i) PI UFL is skipping some rows in the csv, and so no data is found in archive at that particular timestamp.

ii) PI UFL is also sometimes writing wrong data in archive corresponding to timestamp given in csv, for eg ( value 2.7 is showing in archive as 2.1, 192 is showing as 191 etc )

Can you please suggest, why is this happening and how to do some workaround to prevent these cases from happening.           

Thanks in advance                   

• Re: PI UFL writing wrong data and sometimes skips data
          sraposo

Hi Mamunur,

i) My first suspicion is filtering due to exception and compression. What are the exception and compression settings on the PI Points? You can get this information in PI SMT > Point Builder > Archive. (ref: PI Server)

ii) My first suspicion is that there is that the interface node and PI Data Archive node are not in the same time zone. Is this the case?

Thanks,

Seb

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            mskallet

Hi Mamunur,

In ICU under the UFL section, you can launch UFL designer. Here, in the 1. General tab, you can up the Debug logging level up to a level of 6. This will give you much more verbose information about the line in the source files being read, the tag they are being written to, and any error associated with this process. The log output location is detailed several levels below the Debug level in UFL designer. Note that this will cause your log files to grow rather large very quickly (so logging should not be left at level 6 for extended periods). Also, this change will require you to stop and restart the interface in order to save the change to the .ini file if the interface is running as a service.

~Mark

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              gmichaud-verreault

Hi Mamunur,

If you could share your current INI and a sample data file + your interface configuration and tag configuration, then we can probably help you find out what the issue is more easily.

Gabriel

3 of 3 people found this helpful