7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2018 2:56 PM by KOEPKEJR

ProcessBook appears different on my machine.  Text overlapping due to this.

KOEPKEJR

A few months ago I started seeing an issue where certain symbols appeared overlapped on my machine.  However, when viewing the same displays on all other users' machines, the text looks normal (no overlap).  Since then everyone has upgraded to 2015 R2 SP1 (3.6.1.184) but my problem still remains.

The problem appears around rectangles and charts but I can't fully define the behavior.  Any help would be appreciated.

My PB:

Other's:

Thanks,

JK

• Re: ProcessBook appears different on my machine.  Text overlapping due to this.
          rschmitz

Joel,

First I would recommend ensuring that you're looking at the exact same file as your coworkers. Unless you and your coworkers are all looking at the same .PDI file located on a shared drive, you're likely looking at your own copy of a similar file on your personal machine. I suspect that your local copy has this issue but perhaps your coworkers have an updated version of the same file with the alignment issue resolved. I would recommend having one of them email you a copy of the PDI file and check to see if this has the same issue of the text overlapping with the trend.

That being said, it looks like the trend is taller in the upper image (on your machine) and everything else is identically placed. If this is the only issue with overlapping text and trends then it might be worthwhile to edit the display yourself and shrink the trend vertically by just a bit so that everything fits nicely and saving that change.

Cheers,

Rob

• Re: ProcessBook appears different on my machine.  Text overlapping due to this.
            dhollebeek

Another possibility is that the machines don't have the same fonts installed.  For a little bit of Windows API trivia, when you ask for a specific font and size it returns the closest match (which may vary from PC to PC).  However, the fact that everything looks the same except for the height of the trend is very odd.  In theory, nothing should affect the bounding rectangle of a trend.  DPI issues usually affect more than just one thing, but translating between screen coordinates and display coordinates is really complicated and somewhat prone to rounding errors, the exact monitor, video driver, phase of the moon, etc.

A good trouble-shooting step would be to write some VBA that outputs the position, height and width of the trend.  If they both are the same, then it's some sort of rendering problem.  If they are different, then its a trend layout bug in PB.

Thanks,

KOEPKEJR

To follow up on this...  I did a clean install of ProcessBook and the issue went away.  We have ProcessBook installed on a managed environment (Citrix) and locally.  When I did a clean install locally some IT tool (AppSense) thought it would be helpful and bring my "settings" (not real sure exactly what) from the managed environment.  It appears that those settings were the culprit.  When I was able to clear the Citrix settings and do a clean local install things were fixed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful