4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 3:54 PM by melhaysoufi

AF Server cannot connect to specified SQL Server

MADDMAN

When I opened the system explorer, an error occurred "AF Server cannot connect to specified SQL Server", I have checked the services and they seemed ok, who can help me to find what is the cause?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Re: AF Server cannot connect to specified SQL Server
          jyi

Hi David,

Can you tell me how your connection is broken? Have you changed the name/ip of your SQL Servers?

Please also see below:

Check the connection string in Program Files\PIPC\AF\AFService.exe.config. The connection string is located in the

<appsettings>

section and looks similar to the following:

<add key="connectString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;server=FQDNOFSQLSERVER\SQLEXPRESS;database=PIFD;Application Name=AF Application Server;" />

Make sure that the server and database specified in the configuration file are correct. If the SQL Server is not local, the hostname must be specified as follows:MySQLServer\SQLEXPRESS.

Some reference page from our installation guide is as below:

Cannot connect to the specified SQL Server

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              MADDMAN

Hi Jinmo,

Actually, I installed the AF Server just now and the connection has never been established.

SQL Server and PI System are on the same node.

I checked the configuration file it seems correct(As below), 

<appSettings>

<add key="connectString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;server=V-WINSRV12\sqlexpress;database=PIFD;Application Name=AF Application Server;" />

In addition, I found the PI AF Server Health is 1.

1.JPG

jyi

I see. in which case, you may need to install 'PI AF database' for your SQL server. But first please check if you have 'PIFD' database within your MS SQL Server. You can check it via SQL Server Management Tool(SSMS)

When repairing/installing your AF Server, have you checked the running PI AF SQL database scripts to be run? If this is not checked, please run the installation kit again to add this feature.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                melhaysoufi

Hi @david du,

Which Version of sql express are using?