1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2018 1:04 PM by Dan Fishman

Calculate cumulative count

eradwan

Hi There,

I inherited the following Excel sheet that contains a lot of PI calculations and that I want to bring to AF. I have a fixed hourly figure that changes on daily basis and its represented here at row 26 - Set point for lean export gas - in Column C26 the time is 01:00 am so the value is exactly the hourly value for that day 83.3, and in D26 the time is 02:00 am and the value is 166.7 which is 83.3 * 2, starting from 03:00 am it will keep adding 83.3 to the total of the previous hour. In my solution, I'll be interested only on the current hour which I configured in an Attribute 'currentHour' using Hour('*') - and though of an analysis to use it and return the relative value based on the mentioned way of calculation. The problem here is the nested if logic that will need to check for the 24 hours; is there a better approach?

Emad

• Re: Calculate cumulative count
          Dan Fishman

Emad, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by check for 24 hours. I might not understand the problem correctly.

Some ideas below:

You could just multiple: Hour('*') * 'SetPoint'

If you are worried about DST issues, you could obtain use a formula similar to: Round((Int(('*'-'t'))/(3600))*'Setpoint')

1 of 1 people found this helpful