merkinbob

What configuration changes are needed to get a PI Point exposed through the PI OPC HDA Server?

Discussion created by merkinbob on Jan 27, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 by merkinbob
I am a developer on an OPC HDA Client application that we are trying to get working with PI.  I have configured the PI server to pull values from an OPC DA Server we have here to get the data into the PI system and that is working as expected.  My problem is that using any HDA clients I have available (including the PI_HDATool.exe included with PI) I cannot see any PI points being exposed (in the PI_HDATool I can connect to OSI.HDA.1, start the browser, click the "Make Browser" button, and I get a heirarchy with only 1 node which is the machine name). I am suspecting that must be some configuration that needs to be done on the PI points to indicate that they should be exposed via the OPC HDA server, but I have been unable to find any documentation describing this. Please note that I am currently doing all of this testing with everything running on 1 machine, so there are no DCOM issues involved at this point. Any insight will be appreciated at this point.  Thanks!

Outcomes