1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 17, 2018 11:49 PM by sraposo

Notification Templates - Mass Changes

BL8943

Is there any way to make mass changes to the body delivery format for Notification Templates via Excel? For an example, if you have 100 different notifications that all have values that are sent with "Value At Send Time" and want to change them to "Value At Start Time."

I tried exporting just one notification template and changing it in Excel Pi Builder to see if it would work but didn't get the results I expected.

What I did was export the element templates, filter out for the "Body" object I wanted to change, and did a search on the DeliveryFormatPropertyValue column for all "Send Time" instances and replaced them with "Start Time." I then published the change, and exported the same object to verify the changes were applied and they were (at least they looked like they were). However, after viewing the notification in Explorer, none of the Send Time values were changed (See below).

2018-01-15_12-57-30.jpg

Is it even possible to make these changes via excel, or do they have to be done one by one in Explorer?

• Re: Notification Templates - Mass Changes
          sraposo

Hi Ben,

I think the easiest way to do this is to create a new delivery format and then use PI Builder to assign subscribers to this new delivery format (column is SubscriberDeliveryFormat). I don't think there is a way to mass edit a delivery format. If your Notifications are from a same Notification Template, you could simply create the new delivery format once and change the subscribers delivery format on the template.

Hope this helps,

Seb