3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 1:42 AM by mskallet

Set Favorite Screens for all Users and Open PI Vision to 'Favorites'

kbobeck

Is there a way that I could choose two screens to be 'favorites' for all users? What we'd like is for users to arrive at the 'Favorites' screen when they first access PI Vision (versus the 'All Displays' screen) and have two navigational screens there:

Which leads me to my second question - is there a way to make 'Favorites' be the initial screen a user sees when they open PI Vision, instead of 'All Displays'?

I've already identified a potential workaround: have a single display that links to the two other Nav screens and use URL parameters. However, I am not sure if the jump-post through which PI Vision will be accessed will allow specific URL linking. A user may have to open Chrome first, then manually navigate to PI Vision.

For reference, we are using PI Vision 2017.

Thanks!

• Re: Set Favorite Screens for all Users and Open PI Vision to 'Favorites'
          mskallet

Hi Kelsey,

I know of a way to force you to land on "Favorites" when accessing PI Vision, but it involves editing a javascript file, so please take a copy/backup of this file before editing it.

Navigate to %pihome64%\PIVision\Scripts\app\editor\start\PIVisualization.home-search-options on the Vision server and find the following section:

}

function reset() {

clearActiveLabels();

clearRelatedDisplay();

selectGroup(groups[groupTypes.ALLDISPLAYS]);

updateSearchText();

}

Edit the bolded/italicized field to be "Favorites" like so:

}

function reset() {

clearActiveLabels();

clearRelatedDisplay();

selectGroup(groups[groupTypes.FAVORITES]);

updateSearchText();

}

Then refresh/reload the Vision page (You may also need to clear your browser cache). Note that this will affect any user accessing this instance of PI Vision.

As far as forcing certain favorited displayed on all users, I don't really know a way since this is supposed to be on a per user basis. You could simply have your users all add those 2 displays to their favorites. But, if I find a better way I'll post it here.

If you would like to request these or any other features, always remember the feedback site for posting new ideas: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517-pi-vision-formerly-pi-coresight

~Mark

1 of 1 people found this helpful