12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 7:21 PM by Guilherme Ferreira

{Error Inserting Result} in sending SMS Alerts

vijayksingh

I have an analysis which checks a value on its change like if (RunningValue > 500) then "Running" and stores this in AF Attribute..

This attribute is being sent on SMS using Event Frames.. but some time I am getting below {Error Inserting Result} in SMS.

Can anyone help me what I am missing and where to look for the issue.

• Re: {Error Inserting Result} in sending SMS Alerts
          gmichaud-verreault

Hi Vijay,

What version of Notifications are you using? If you are using 2.x, I would suggest starting off by looking at the message logs located in %ProgramData%\OSIsoft\PINotifications\Logs\. Do you see any errors when the notification sends the {Error Inserting Result}? Are you aware of anything that happens when you see the error, how often does it occur?

Gabriel

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            sraposo

Hi Vijay,

What's the data reference of the output of your analysis?

What version of AF and Notifications are you running?

Thanks,

Seb

vijayksingh

I have shorted that issue..

Issue was due to Analysis output was not getting stored.. Which I was using in Notification...

Thanks everyone for reply.

sraposo

Thanks for letting us know Vijay!

Guilherme Ferreira

Hi folks!

I am having a similar issue.

I am trying to send the event frame trigger expression in the notification body, but I only get this {Error Inserting Result}.

System version:

AF Server 2017 SP1

AF Services 2017 SP1

Analysis Service 2017

Notifications Service 2017

Regards

Guilherme Ferreira

There is no parsing error in the logs.

"2018-04-03 11:50:15.0044|INFO|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Core.DeliveryServices|42|Contact xxx send via smtp complete. Result: Success EventFrameId=xxx, EventFrameName=xxx, NotificationId=xxx, NotificationName=xxx, EngineOperation=EventFrameChange"

sraposo

Hi Guilherme,

Typically that error comes up due to authentication issues. I think the next best step for you would be to set the logger for analysis to TRACE rather than INFO. You can do this in the file:

"%PIHOME64%Notifications\PINotifications.exe.config"

<rules>

<logger name="OSIsoft.PINotifications*" minlevel="Info" writeTo="PINotificationsLogfile" />

<logger name="OSIsoft.PINotifications*" level="Fatal" writeTo="PINotificationsEventLog" />

</rules>

Change to:

<rules>

<logger name="OSIsoft.PINotifications*" minlevel="Trace" writeTo="PINotificationsLogfile" />

<logger name="OSIsoft.PINotifications*" level="Fatal" writeTo="PINotificationsEventLog" />

</rules>

You can then reproduce the issue and you should get some meaningful messages in the logs. The logs with Trace enabled will cause the logs to grow quickly. Depending on the size of your Notification system and the frequency of Notifications triggering this could cause the C drive to fill up. Please change the logger from Trace back to Info after you're done troubleshooting.

If in doubt, please reach out to Tech Support.

Thanks,
                                Seb

gmichaud-verreault

In addition to what Seb has mentioned, depending on where the data is coming from, you could set up some tracing at that level. I mention this because you could have an unexpected value at that time causing this that a post analysis would not allow you to see if a replace() took place or the event came in later than it is timestamped (especially with interfaces like UFL/RDBMS)

Gabriel

Guilherme Ferreira

Hi guys!

After enabling "Trace" for Notifications service I found the following exception:

2018-04-11 15:27:43.0309|TRACE|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Formatting.ContentResolver|20|Getting formatted content result for content: Id:9cfcde7e-9975-4aca-a6ba-47dc17119902, Property:2005 EventFrameId=62420419-05ab-4a6f-0000-00000001b215, EventFrameName=CBM_Alarme_Temperatura_Alta - 2018-04-11 15:27:35.000, NotificationId=c371d7d2-f8d5-43b7-b20f-3766b7d6f607, NotificationName=Notificação Temperatura Alta Entrada

2018-04-11 15:27:43.0309|TRACE|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Formatting.ContentResolver|20|Content exception ContentObjectNotFoundException: Object 'Attribute' needed for content was not found. EventFrameId=62420419-05ab-4a6f-0000-00000001b215, EventFrameName=CBM_Alarme_Temperatura_Alta - 2018-04-11 15:27:35.000, NotificationId=c371d7d2-f8d5-43b7-b20f-3766b7d6f607, NotificationName=Notificação Temperatura Alta Entrada

2018-04-11 15:27:43.0309|TRACE|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Formatting.ContentResolver|20|Getting formatted content result for content: Id:9cfcde7e-9975-4aca-a6ba-47dc17119902, Property:2006 EventFrameId=62420419-05ab-4a6f-0000-00000001b215, EventFrameName=CBM_Alarme_Temperatura_Alta - 2018-04-11 15:27:35.000, NotificationId=c371d7d2-f8d5-43b7-b20f-3766b7d6f607, NotificationName=Notificação Temperatura Alta Entrada

2018-04-11 15:27:43.0309|TRACE|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Formatting.ContentResolver|20|Content exception ContentObjectNotFoundException: Object 'Attribute' needed for content was not found. EventFrameId=62420419-05ab-4a6f-0000-00000001b215, EventFrameName=CBM_Alarme_Temperatura_Alta - 2018-04-11 15:27:35.000, NotificationId=c371d7d2-f8d5-43b7-b20f-3766b7d6f607, NotificationName=Notificação Temperatura Alta Entrada

What I was trying to do:

What I got:

Any thoughts?

Regards