5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 1:28 PM by Dan Fishman

Wonderware Inbatch Interface - How to specify the Units for the tags and not affect Module Database

zgallisa

Hi:

We are currently working on the creation of an interface for InBatch in PI Events Frame Interface Manager.  Currently there is a similar interface created for Compressors Units, and this new Interface has similar parameters but for a different group of units named Chroma.

There are a group of tags that has been defined as: 001_[UNIT]_Batch_Active, 001_[UNIT]_Batch_Events, etc...in both interfaces, the old one and in the new one.  There can be multiple Chroma units, that's why we used [UNIT], the same case as in the Compression Units. 

On the SMT under the Module Database I currently have two different modules: one for Compressors and the other for Chroma. Under Compressors I have my two compression units 01, 02.  And right now I need to see under my Chroma module the two Chroma units 01,02.  But this is what I am seeing right now:

Compression (I just need the Comp units)
                + Comp01
                + Comp02
                +Chroma01
                +Chroma02
      Chromatography (here I need only the Chroma Units)
                + Comp01
                + Comp02
                +Chroma01
                +Chroma02

I am wondering if this has to be with how is the interfaces are configured because I am thinking that by using [UNIT] in some way the system will bring any unit regardless on what interface I am.  I need to know if there is any way to tell the system to bring only the unit related to my areas, because I don't see any other options or setting on the interface Manager to make this a bit more specific. The issue is that if I have multiple Units they will appear under each module and that is not what I want.

Please let me know if someone else have the same problem or if you know what to do in this case.

Thanks

Zair Gallisá

• Re: Wonderware Inbatch Interface - How to specify the Units for the tags and not affect Module Database
          Dan Fishman

Did you change the module path at all?  Take a look at KB00989 and it shows on the path is constructed using the default batch interface behavior.  It looks like compression and chromatography are the process cells.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • Re: Wonderware Inbatch Interface - How to specify the Units for the tags and not affect Module Database
              zgallisa

I appreciate the response but Honestly I don't understand anything I am reading here... the interface is for wonderware inbatch (I don't know if deltaV applies here, maybe it does) and I haven't created any recipe template.  I don't understand why but in the site I am working on they haven't use this at all for any module creation.  The units are created automatically after a batch is run and in this case those units are created under both modules. The modules are created after specified on the interface on PI Events Frame Interface Manager. 

In this Case Downstream is the module for Chromatography. It is suppose to bring forward the units for Chroma01 and Chroma02 only...but that is not happening.

Dan Fishman

The same common framework applies to WonderWare inBatch as the DeltaV interface.  That KB article describes how the interface decides which modules to create where in the hierarchy.  For example, per the article, baked into the interface is the following:

Recipe[2].ModulePath = [Area]\[ProcessCell]\[Unit] = A unit batch (element/pi unit) is created using the path of Area \ the process cell\ name of the unit.

The alternative module path is the starting position that the previous line is appended to.  Without this, it will just create a root node.  This is useful if you have multiple lines/sites.  I would need more information to understand how everything is configure and what is happening.  It might be best to contact OSIsoft technical support.

I agree, this can be very confusing!!

zgallisa

I think I get what you are saying now.  Anyway I was trying other ways to do it and I found that in the Inbatch interface there is a Filter area where you can Skip Units...I tried skipping the units I don't want to see and It worked because I noticed that editing the tags worked if I didn't want the tag information to appear for certain Units but the Units still appeared under my modules (I don't want the units to appear at all)...so by skipping the units I avoided having them under the incorrect modules. Still I am not entirely sure this is the best method and I am still trying to understand the information you post to see if that is more effective and if I can apply it for the units. Anyway I think is a solution for the moment or in the mean time.

I'll see what I can do Thanks a lot