2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 11:00 AM by Shafqat_Iqbal

PI Processbook Symbols/Objects Does not Connect with PI AF Elements/Element-Templates when Backup is restored on another Computer

Shafqat_Iqbal

I have developed PI Processbook displays in-house using PI AF Objects/Elements/Element Template Structure. Then I took back up of PI AF & Processbook displays & deployed on Plant Machine. The Objects/Elements/Element Template Instances inserted on Processbook displays are unable to connect/refer with PI AF Objects/Elements/Element Template on Plant Machine & show an error "Unable to Retrieve Data". While the Objects/Elements/Element Template in PI AF are working completely fine & able to connect & bring data from PI Server.

Complete Details are:

-I have developed almost 700 processbook displays using PIW files of almost 50 displays each.

-I have created almost 50 Standard Objects using AF (Which are 50 Element Templates in AF & almost 8000 Elements/Instances are referred from these 50 Element templates)

-For Future Prospective; if we need to edit Any One of 50 Standard Objects, We will only edit Only One Element Template & Do the Update Symbol Procedure in Processbook.

-Now when I deployed the whole Project (700 Processbook Displays, AF Elements & Element Templates) on a New Plant Machine; The Standard Objects/Elements/Element Template inserted on processbook displays are unable to connect/refer with AF Elements/Element Templates.

-The New instances of same Objects/Elements/Element Template can be easily inserted from the New AF but Previously inserted Objects/Elements/Element Template are not linked/referred with the new AF.

Environment: PI Server 2012, PI AF 2012, PI Processbook 2015 R2 SP1

Please help to provide a valid/accurate solution or way around.