13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 9:57 PM by Mike Zboray

Trend in PI Notification 2017 R2

santhosh2r2

Hi all,

has anyone tried out the new feature in PI AF 2017 R2 related to notification?

I like to use this feature but facing some challenges.

notification - Message:

Message Sample:

the link works like before. But how does screenshot work?

Any insight with this regard is highly appreciated.

• Re: Trend in PI Notification 2017 R2
          sraposo

Hi Santhosh,

Is the website in your list of trusted sites? The list is stored in this AF Atttribute: \\AFServer\Configuration\OSIsoft\PIANO|PageRender|TrustedSites ?

Any meaningful error messages in "C:\ProgramData\OSIsoft\PINotifications\Logs\pinotifications-log.txt" ?

Hope this helps,

Seb

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            Mike Zboray

This is from your email client, not the preview tab, correct? We won't render screenshots in client side preview but you can click the test button to send a test message.

In addition to the trusted sites mentioned by Seb, is the SSL certificate used by PI Vision trusted by the notifications service machine? If you use a browser on that machine to go to the display do you get a warning that you have to ignore?

4 of 4 people found this helpful
                santhosh2r2

Hallo Mike,

yes. The above screenshot is from my email client. which was sent using Test button.

There is no luck in finding from Pi Notification logs.

And there is no SSL Certificate issue.

I am currently working with in demo constellation.

which is as follows. in Windows Server 2012 R2 all PI Components such as PI, AF, Pivision is installed.

Mike Zboray

OK. Another common problem is the target page taking too long to load. We a lot 30 seconds for a page to load by default but if it does not finish by then you can get a broken image like this one. I would look in the logs as seb mentioned in a post below. You would see something like this in the log if the page did not finish loading:

2018-01-18 01:04:15.1446|WARN|PhantomProcessManager|157|Command token was cancelled. Id:b08c9cab-5282-417d-8f13-15b9a82915ad, Url:https://html5test.com

2018-01-18 01:04:15.1446|TRACE|PhantomProcess|157|Stopping phantomjs process 5556

2018-01-18 01:04:15.1446|INFO|PhantomRenderer|190|Could not render page: https://html5test.com

System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                    BillB

Is is possible to configure that 30 second timeout if we need longer?

Mike Zboray

Yes. Create an attribute at \OSIsoft\PIANO|PageRender|Timeout (i.e. a child attribute of PageRender attribute named Timeout) in the Configuration database. It can be a string, int, or double and will be interpreted as a number of seconds after which to timeout. Restart of the notifications service is NOT required. Selecting values that are too long can potentially block sends of other notifications, so be careful with using a long timeout.

santhosh2r2

Has anyone tried it out yet?

Can someone post how this feature looks like?

sraposo

Hi Santhosh,

On the server running the PI Notifications Service, there should be logs at the file path I mentioned above. If there isn't, it may have been changed from the default location. This is done by modifying the LogPath variable in the Notifications.UserNLog.config file located in %PIHOME64%Notifications. For example, the default is:

<variable name="logPath" value="${specialfolder:folder=CommonApplicationData}\OSIsoft\PINotifications\Logs" />

Once you've located the log files, generate a new Notification and have a look in the logs. If there are no errors in the logs I would recommend contacting our support team. They can help you increase the debugging level and determine the root cause.

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Contact-Us/

Thanks,

Seb

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            Mike Zboray

Here is what it might look like for a PI Vision trend:

santhosh2r2

Hallo Mike,

thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have checked the Log files during Test Send. It always returns success.

2018-02-02 15:25:59.1911|INFO|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Core.Delivery.SendWorkflow|3|Send to test send completed with result: Success

2018-02-02 15:26:47.6139|INFO|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Core.Delivery.SendWorkflow|10|Send to test send completed with result: Success

2018-02-02 15:33:03.2115|INFO|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Core.Delivery.SendWorkflow|55|Send to test send completed with result: Success

2018-02-02 15:34:06.9262|INFO|OSIsoft.PINotifications.Core.Delivery.SendWorkflow|44|Send to test send completed with result: Success

Maybe my email client doesnot support it.

But my current suspicion lies on authentication.

I have checked the following.

• NTLM is enabled for Windows Authentication
                                • Basic authentication is enabled

I am running out of ideas here. 

So, i have opened an case with Osisoft.

Any pointers in regards to authentication will be appreciated.

Regards

Santhosh

sraposo

Hi Santhosh,

What's your email client?

I think with setting the logger to Trace we should get more information in the logs. The support engineer will be able to assist you with that.

Have you tried with another website other than PI Vision? It might be worth trying with a public website. If it works the issue will be isolated to an issue between PI Notifications and PI Vision.

Thanks,

Seb

santhosh2r2

Hallo all,

sorry for the delayed update. Maybe its not too late for others. With help of tech support, i was able to achieve screenshots in my email client.

Main pointers were:

• added the pi vision server certificate to the MMC snapin in AF Server under Certificate -> Trusted Certificate Authorites
                                • enable the display to be shared with "World"
                                • add the pi vision link to the trusted sites: \\Configuration\OSIsoft\PIANO|Page Render|Trusted Sites - for eg. https://pivisionserver/*

Thank you for your support.

Trend_In_PI_Notification_AF_result.png