3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2018 6:46 PM by pmartin

How add Dynamic Search Criteria to custom symbol

jgaldames

Hi every one,

I was wondering how can I add a dynamic search criteria to a custom symbol on pi vision as you can do on a Table symbol

I actually developed a custom barchart symbol and I want to add many element who as the same attibute name, so with this characteristic I will be able to do a quick comparison between all of it.

• Re: How add Dynamic Search Criteria to custom symbol
          pmartin

Hi Jonathan,

You can view the source code for the table symbol.  All symbols (even internal ones) follow the extensibility model.  The internal symbols, including the table symbol, are located in the "\Scripts\app\editor\symbols" folder.  If it's not clear what this code is doing, feel free to post back here so that we can dissect it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jgaldames

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I found this secction related but I can't figure out how use it. Because when added this two parameters to my personlized symbol the contextual menu doesn't show the option to DynamicSearchCriteria

pmartin

Hi Jonathan,

I've been looking through the code this PI Vision code this morning and the code for Dynamic Search Criteria is a bit more involved than I originally thought.  If this is something you absolutely need for your final project, I can continue to research but I think it would be prudent to try to operate without it.  I will likely be the one looking over the final project so feel free to add in a comment saying how you would use it if it were available .