2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2018 5:13 PM by afaulkner

Spanning option on unitBatch and subBatch (rtreports)

zgallisa

Hi:

I am using the spanning option to create trends of different durations on a batch.  Right now I have a * On the unitbatch on the data template with no spanning option set and under that I have Phases as SubBatch with spanning option. Because I need a trend of each phase duration.

ex.

-    SubBatch1 (with spanning)

-    Trend

With this configuration I get a SubBatchJournal for the phase but I don’t get only one, I get one on each UnitBatchJournal created...

So I tried to create a UnitBatch (with spanning) and under that the SubBatch (with spanning too)

The idea is to get only one duration of the whole batch and inside, another duration for the phase...and the idea sound good but the system doesn’t want to create the SubBatchJournal under the spanned Unit...

It is possible to do Spanning option inside another one?

• Re: Spanning option on unitBatch and subBatch (rtreports)
          zgallisa

I just want RtReports to create the SubBatchUnit under the UnitBatch with the spanning option:

As you can see the Subbatches are created in the Data Template but when the Journal runs it does not create the SubBatchJournal under the UniBatch that has the spanning option:

The only moment the SubBatches are being created is when the UnitBatch does not have the spanning option but this doesn't work as I need it to because then I have multiple SubBatchJournals under multiple UniBatches what causes to have multiple trends (i don't want that)

I really really need help!

• Re: Spanning option on unitBatch and subBatch (rtreports)
              afaulkner

Hello Zair,

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. At the beginning you say that you "need a trend of each phase duration." However, at the end you say that the configuration "causes to have multiple trends (i don't want that)". I interpret the first quote to mean that you want multiple trends, but the second quote seems to say that you don't want multiple trends.

If we have the following batch hierarchy, what would you like to trend?:

• Batch
                • Unit Batch 1
                  • Operation 1
                    • Phase 1
                    • Phase 2
                  • Operation 2
                    • Phase 3
                    • Phase 4
                • Unit Batch 2
                  • Operation 3
                    • Phase 5
                    • Phase 6