AnsweredAssumed Answered

UFL Connector INI help for some practical common REST endpoints

Question asked by Devin on Feb 8, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 by Devin

I am evaluating the UFL Connector and need a little hand-holding with how to get the ini files right for a few REST end points. I am playing with NOAA weather (want to pull in current temp and hour rainfall) as well as a river stage from USGS for my town. I am banging my head on how to format my datetime for a field when the data is coming in formats such as 2018-02-05T19:56:00+00:00. How do you filter out characters such as "T" or want to ignore everything after the minutes? Also, how do you set a message filter to look down different levels of inner JSONs? Or maybe it does this automatically until it reaches something that matches (or does it just stay at the top level)? For example, the river stage level from USGS is 5 or 6 levels down and the word "value" is used several times at different levels. There is only one river stage number that needs to be processed in the JSON as it only is querying for the most recent value, so I don't think looping applies? All I need to do is grab two things from this JSON. I have poured over GitHub examples as well as read the Connector user guide. A little more explanation on how this works, and I think I could be rocking and rolling! Much thanks.

It would be wonderful if during configuration of the data sources, all you needed to do was highlight and define values in the REST output interactively and the ini could be built automatically. Don't know if that is possible, but would sure be nice. Maybe future release?

Outcomes