1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 9:03 AM by KenjiHashimoto

How to calculate shift projected tonnage (pi af)

Eric.Stoodley

Hello:

I am trying to calculate a projected shift tonnage based on  several machines example allow the machines to run 1 hr production , total up all tonnage them multiply by hrs in day for a projected tonnage for 12 hr shift. (at this time we I am not accounting for downtime)

I have the machines identified as  1 to 6

calculated a current shift tonnage per group.

calculated a (sum of all machine tonnage by shift) via a rollup which works great.

Now, I am trying to calculate the projected tonnage in Pi af.

I need to total the tonnage at a specific time in the morning lets say 7:30 am then multiply by 12 to give projected shift tonnage.

I am now at a loss how to do this, does anybody have a suggestion how to calculate via PIi AF?

Please and thanks.

Pi AF Newbie ;-)

• Re: How to calculate shift projected tonnage (pi af)
          KenjiHashimoto

You can use tagtot function to get total.

TagTot

Find the totalized value (time integral) of an attribute's values over a specified time range, optionally converting the totalized value from its current unit of measure (UOM) to a specified UOM in same class.

Syntax

TagTot(attname, starttime, endtime [, toUnit] [, pctgood])

I believe tagtot function plus roll up can achieve what you want.

For more information about tagtot, you can find it from

PI System Explorer > Help > Help topic > Asset Analytics > Expression functions reference

Adding if you want to get the results at 7:30, then periodic scheduling can be used.

In that case, still it is possible to specify specific time within the tagtot function. (tagtot's starttime and endtime)

1 of 1 people found this helpful