2 of 2 people found this helpful
A couple of thoughts about this:
1. The PI SDK cannot interact with AF servers. The AF SDK is required for this.
2. Your version of the PI SDK cannot leverage some of the built-in login controls added in PI SDK 1.4 documented here.
3. You don't mention what language you would like to accomplish this in. However, you can find many code snippets in the PI SDK documentation as well as many threads in this space that already provide code snippets.
4. I find it odd that you have a PI server hosted in AWS and are using very old versions of AF and the PI SDK. There seems to be something out of place.
5. It sounds like you already have at least a little bit of experience using the PI Web API. What is preventing you from using this as a data access technology?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
As Vincent mentioned, you are using old AF server version. As your instance hosted on AWS and you are looking for get/post data from/to AF server I would suggest to use PI Web API. PI Web API programming, you may refer "White Paper - Developing with PI Web API by Marcos Vainer Loeff