5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 6:07 AM by Jaison_Rodrigues

Table was not available for Attribute

PedroHenrique

Hello everyone!

I am with a problem to show the value of one attribute on PI Vision. The DR of Attribute is a Table Lookup, and in a PI System Explorer the value is returned correct. However, when I try to read a attribute from PI Vision, "No Data" is shown and on the PI Vision Messages follow the message: "Table (name the table) was not available for Attribute (Path and name of respective attribute)" .

AF Server version: 2.6.1.6238

Does anyone have any suggest?

• Re: Table was not available for Attribute
          James Devine

Pedro:

I might have a few suggestions for you to explore. If the table contains static data it should be visible on PI Vision as long as other data from that AF Server and that AF Database is visible. Check to make sure that is the case to cover the basics. If the table is the result of a SQL query to another SQL server it is possible the chain of authentication breaks between PI Vision and the SQL Server (I am not sure, but we have had to troubleshoot similar issues). If your PI AF Application Service is running as a Windows Active Directory service account perhaps that service account does not have proper authority on the PI Vision Server. Another thing that has given us the 'NO DATA' problem was a simple typing error. In our case we built the PI Vision symbol, but later changed the name of the elements or attributes. This breaks the connection too.

Boa Sorte

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              PedroHenrique

Thanks for your reply James Devine!

Yes, the table is the result of a SQL query to another SQL server and I have not changed the name of the element or attribute.

I believe the problem may be the authentication break between PI Vision and SQL Server. What did you need to do to fix it, and how did you check to confirm this hypothesis?

James Devine

Bom Dia!

Some more suggestions: it is possible the PI Web API Crawler, and the PI Web API service accounts on your PI Vision Server may not have authority to read data from that SQL Server or the same accounts may not have authority to read that data from the AF Server. You may need to troubleshoot that with system administrators on the domain controllers. Another test might be to see if you can navigate to the same data in the PI Vision Server's instance of PI Web API in a browser. For the PI Vision symbol to pick up the data it has to be able to read it from the PI Web API, typically on that same PI Vision server. Your source PI Web API might be on a different source. If that is the case try navigating in a browser to that data on that source server. Also, in PI System Explorer navigate to [File]>[Server Properties] and on the PI AF Server Properties dialog make sure your identities and mappings are all correctly configured for those service accounts. Next while still in PI System Explorer right click on the element(s) in question and on the shortcut menu click [Security...]. In the Security Configuration dialog you will see the chosen elements in the top pane (confirm that before proceeding), and in the 'Identities' pane make sure the correct Identity mapped to the service accounts has the proper authority to read that data.

These are educated guesses. Boa Sorte

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                  gmichaud-verreault

When accessing a TLDR in PI Vision iit is important to note that it uses PI Data Services. That means that the service account running PI Vision will be the one requesting the data to AF. If you have Kerberos delegation set up, then the service account running PI Vision application pool will be the one requesting the data on the SQL database. Therefore, it will require read access.

Gabriel