2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2018 6:10 AM by santhosh2r2

Event Frame Display with mulitple referenced elements possible?

santhosh2r2

Hi,

i am realise a display with multiple referenced elements for a single eventframe.

Is it possible? My present situation is that only the primary referenced element are being displayed.

here are some screenshots.

event frame with 2 referenced elements:

pivision display (shows only CA12):

Is it possible to also display both the elements? CA12, MX12

cheers

Santhosh

• Re: Event Frame Display with mulitple referenced elements possible?
          jdryden

Hi Santhosh,

PI Vision does not support displaying more than the primary referenced element for event frames, as you have found. Unfortunately there is no configuration change available to modify this behavior in PI Vision.

I'm curious about this use case, can you please elaborate on the scenarios in which you would be interested in having multiple referenced elements in a single event frame? I think I can come up with some situations in which that would make the event frame more useful, but I'd like to make sure I understand your motivation for doing so. That way, I can create an enhancement request for you on our feedback site.

Thanks,

--James

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Event Frame Display with mulitple referenced elements possible?
              santhosh2r2

Hallo James,

thanks for your response.

The idea behind this requirement is following.

• Eventframe are being generated as and when a Batch is complete.
              • The customer wants to see the which plants were being used and their values.
              • Although he sees in the PI System Explorer, the plants being used during the Batch generation, he cant see them in PI Vision.
              • The purpose of this being that measurements from different plants can be viewed directly from EF Display.

Hope this clarifies the requirement.

Regards

Santhosh