2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2018 1:50 PM by VCampus-METCO

Rollups only appear to work 1 level down

VCampus-METCO

I have an element template (Node) that contains a rollup calc that sums all instances of an attribute called "Status" from a different element template (Pump).

Where my (Node) element contains child elements that are of the type I am searching for (Pump), I get the rollup calculation result as expected to count all bad pumps.

Where my element is more than 1 level up (i.e. Enterprise (Node), then Area(Node), then Unit(Node), the rollups at these levels fail saying that they cannot find the attribute.

My understanding is that you should be able to search for all elements of a certain template from the root element downwards and sum up these attributes. If it cannot then this is a pretty fundamental limitation?

I know that I could define a rollup calc at the different levels in my hierarchy to do the summations, and that in a real-life scenario it prevents multiple rollups count the same attribute several times at each level, but can anyone confirm whether you should be able to do this?