3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 11:47 AM by cvillanua

Processbook: pictures and symbols relocate

Angelika_Fischer

Hello,

I have a problem with the PI Processbook. Usually, I use pictures and multistate symbols in my processbooks and group them. But everytime I open a processbook on a different computer (not the one the processbook was created on) the size and the location of the picture and the multistates change and get unproportional, although they are grouped.

For example, if I open the processbook (screenshot), the picture relocates and the edges of the picture get cut off.

verschobenes processbook.png

What can I do to fix the pictures and the multistate symbols/values etc.?

• Re: Processbook: pictures and symbols relocate
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Angelika

Could you please let me know the desktop/laptop resolution you are using while developing the displays?  Display will be adjusted based on the screen resolution. If you are developing display using 1920*1080 and try to open display on lower resolution desktop/laptop vice versa you will be facing issue. Request you to check the resolution setting on both machines.

Angelika_Fischer

Hello,

the resolution is the same on all the computers we tried it, I already checked this option. So can it have another cause?

thanks for your help!

cvillanua

Hello Angelika,

Thank you for writing in PI Square !

I believe cause of the issue could be the following: the "Fit the bounding rectangle to the image size" option is implemented in the PI ProcessBook, this causes the inserted picture to not follow the points scale per inch (DPI - Dots per inch). Therefore, when you open the display PI ProcessBook on a machine where the scale is different from that in which the display is correct, the images configured with this option are distorted in relation to the other.

To fix this, try to open the display on a machine with the scale 1: 1 (ie 100% DPI or 96 DPI) and change the "Fit the bounding rectangle to the image size" to "Stretch image to fit the bounding rectangle and retain aspect ratio ". Save, close the display and open it in a machine whose scale is different, or on your own machine with the altered scale.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thank you,

Carlos.