1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 3:10 PM by rschmitz

Notification Rules (Non-repetition Interval - Similair Clarification)

MAMEDINA

I am exploring setting up an Event Frame Generation analysis rule at the AF Template level.  I would like setup notifications that are tied to this event frame generation and would like clarification on the expected behavior:

Example:

TemperatureIndicatorTemplate(with EventFrame Generation and Notification Rules on the Analysis)

-TemperatureElement1(based on TemperatureIndicatorTemplate)

-TemperatureElement2(based on TemperatureIndicatorTemplate)

-TemperatureElement3(based on TemperatureIndicatorTemplate)

-TemperatureElementX(based on TemperatureIndicatorTemplate)

If the event is fired of at the same time for all Elements does the 'Non-repetition Interval' apply at the element level or template level?  Ideally I would like to have all events be recorded.  However, I would only like to receive one notification for any of the single elements - can I accomplish this with the 'non-repetition' or should I be placing my event notification rule at a higher level in my AF Structure.

• Re: Notification Rules (Non-repetition Interval - Similair Clarification)
          rschmitz

Hi Marco,

The non-repetition only applies to the Element level, not the Element Template level. So if the trigger condition becomes true for 10 elements at once that are all based on the same template, 10 emails would be sent out. You may want to create it at higher level in hierarchy as you mentioned and have an attribute at the parent element to these child elements which could trigger whenever any given child element triggers. That's less granular, but it still gives notice that you need to check on your assets.

Cheers,

Rob