6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 7:38 AM by John Messinger

.Net Components

alanR

What are the .Net components for the "By Time" Dropdownbox and "By Time Range" Dropdownbox

Thanks

• Re: .Net Components
          Eugene Lee

Hi Alan,

This is part of the configuration for the PI Point Data Reference. The class is PIPointDRConfig (derived from a Form) in the file OSIsoft.AF.Asset.DataReference.PIPoint.dll. There are no documentation on how to use it though and it might not be meant for public use.

Rick Davin

Hi Alan,

Seems as if the question has nothing to do with PI Developer Technologies.  The .NET control you are interested in is:

System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox

The page suggests you visit the newer .NET Docs.  Here is a link to that.

alanR

Hi Rick ,

Under .NET Framework Components in visual studio there are components called AFComboBox and the such, is there anywhere that describes and gives an example what each of these components do?

Thanks,

Alan

John Messinger

Hi Alan,

The only place you will find documentation for the AF UI components is the help file located in %PIHOME%\help\AFUIRef.chm. This help file describes the various UI components such as AFComboBox, but you won't necessarily find code examples for every component. Many of these are based on the System.Windows.Forms controls.

alanR

Thanks John ,

How would i populate a combobox with values such as the ones that are  for "By Time". Where/How can i access the default list of values?

say for the Source Units drop down i can use;

afuomDropDown1.InitializeObject(new PISystems().DefaultPISystem.UOMDatabase);

To populate it with values.

Can i do the  same for "By Time" ?

Thanks

John Messinger

Hi Alan,

The values in the combo box that you are referring to (in the PI Point data reference configuration) will be custom values - not a specific enumeration exposed as such in the AF SDK. So you would need to set your own list of items to be added to the combo box collection.