10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2018 2:30 PM by gmichaud-verreault

Help... No data u_u

Kizu

Hi...

I have two users with the same privileges but one gets the message "no data" and the other one works perfectly... What am I doing wrong?

Sin título.png

In "PI AF Server Properties"  I can see:

Identities

• S
      • A

Mappings

Name                              Identity             

VS\User1 or VS\V           S

VS\User2 or VS\PA         A

1. The users are in their respective groups.
      2. Both groups have the same privileges.
      3. The only thing different are the diagrams that can be seen in the PIVision.
      4. I do not know why one group shows "no data" and the other yes.
        • Re: Help... No data u_u
          Eugene Lee

Hi Kiria,

How about mapping user VS/PA to identity S since both identity S and A are supposed to have the same privileges anyway.

Olav

Check the message log on the PI Server to see if both users actually are allowed to connect. Make sure that they do in fact have the same privileges. Check that both the PI Identities have the same tag security.

Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Kiria

Could you please check AF identity mapping for user 1 and user 2 in AF?

Kizu

In "PI AF Server Properties"  I can see:

Identities

• S
                  • A

Mappings

Name                              Identity              

VS\User1 or VS\V           S

VS\User2 or VS\PA         A

The users are in their respective groups.

Both groups have the same privileges.

The only thing different are the diagrams that can be seen in the PIVision.

I do not know why one group shows "no data" and the other yes.

gmichaud-verreault

What is the data reference of those tags. Are those AF Attributes or PI Points? If they are attributes, what data reference are they using? Can they see the data for the same attributes using PI System Explorer or another client application.

Do the users have also the same PI Point identity. When requesting the data, if you have delegation set up, each user will connecting using a mapping to the data archive also (not the same as the AF mapping). Review the PI Server message logs to confirm how they authenticate to the server.

Gabriel

Kizu

Hi.

Those attributes of the image above are being used as (data reference): none and pi point...

The steps I did for the users are:

1. Create user in the AD.

2. Create identity in AF.

3. Mapping the user in the identity X in the AF.

4. Add & Assign privileges to identity X in AF elements.

5. Give permission as an explorer or publisher in PI Vision.

6. Share the diagrams with the group in the PI Vision.

Could you explain a little more about what you write? mapping to the data archive? Review the PI Server message logs? (This is the security tab in Event Viewer from PI Vision Server where I can see the security audit and the users?) =(

gmichaud-verreault

The user probably does not have access to the underlying PI Point (linked in AF).

If you open up System Management Tools (SMT) -> Security -> Mappings, you can define a mapping for the PI Points on the Data Archive.

Gabriel

1 of 1 people found this helpful