AnsweredAssumed Answered

AF Attribute value changing & interactions with AFSDK

Question asked by natdavidson on Apr 3, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 by natdavidson

I have some static AF attributes:

I have some code to get to the attributes:

The child attributes, as shown, are tied to some analysis that change their values, depending on some other checks. What i'm having trouble with is when i run this code the first time, all the child attributes' values report correctly to when i do GetValue() for the list of attributes, BUT, when i change another attribute (not shown, but it's a manual input), the child attributes value gets changed, as designed in the analytic, and in PSE the value is changed, but in my code (that is still running in the loop) doesn't see the update for the static attributes. It does see the value change for the attributes that are tied to a pi point, but not to the others. I called support and we verified that a potential fix would be to make all the child attributes pi point references, but i was hoping to get an explanation on why this behaves this way, it seems like AFSDK should be getting the value changes the same way that PSE is showing them, but that doesn't seem to be the behavior that i'm seeing. Anyone have an explanation, or maybe a possible fix, other than making them all pi points?

Outcomes